In the User tile of the admin panel, you can add, view, and manage the users on your Lucidchart Team or Enterprise account.
Note that many team management integrations are only available to Enterprise accounts. To upgrade to an Enterprise account, check out our pricing page or contact our sales team
In the center of the page you will see your user list, with each row representing a user on your account. You can export this list as a CSV by clicking Actions > Export CSV.
To view a user’s information, simply click on their row in the user list. In the panel that appear, you can modify their license type, group, or role.
You can filter your user list by selecting one of the following options from the "All Users" dropdown on the left:
- All Users: All users regardless of license type
- Licensed Users: Users who have a full-edit Lucidchart license
- View-Only Users: User with view-only capabilities
- Pending Invitations: Individuals invited to your organization's Lucidchart account who have not yet accepted the invitation to join
- Requested Lucidchart: View-only users who have requested a Lucidchart license
To the left of the user list is your team tree, representing the hierarchy of users on your account. Your team name will appear at the top of the tree, underneath which will display the groups and sub-groups that make it up. See the “Manage Teams and Groups” section below to learn how to create groups and populate them with users.
The orange and green bars beneath your team tree represent your team’s license count. Click “Add More” to purchase more licenses. As an admin you can easily reassign licenses to users within your account. To do this, select a user by clicking on their name. Click "Edit" next to "Licenses" on the right-hand side of your screen. In the window that pops up, check or uncheck the box next to "Lucidchart" under "Licenses" to add or take away that user’s license. If you remove that user’s license, you will have the option to transfer the user’s files to another person within your organization by typing an email address in the "New Document Owner" field. This field will auto-populate with users currently on your account.
You can enter multiple emails by clicking +User or "Invite multiple users."
If you would like to add more personalized information to the new user’s account, select the “Add Manually” finger tab. In addition entering the user's name and email, you can assign the new user to a group and set a password for them.
To add users in bulk by CSV upload, follow these steps:
- Create a spreadsheet in the following format and save it as a .csv file.
- In Lucidchart, click Team > Users, then click “Invite multiple users.”
- Select the “CSV Upload” finger tab.
- Click “Choose File” and select your .csv.
- Click “Add to Team” on the bottom right.
To the left of the user list you will see a tree representing the organizational structure of your Lucidchart account. At the top you will see your team name - this is the parent group that encompasses all of the users on the account. Any groups and sub-groups will be nested beneath this. To create a group, click the pencil icon next to your team name, then select "create group."
Click the name of a user to see what group they are in, then click “edit” to add them to another group. That user will be able to share and access documents and folders shared with that group.
- If you do not transfer a user’s documents to another user upon deletion, all of their created documents will be lost.
- When you delete a user, they will be removed from your Lucidchart account altogether. As an alternative, you can de-license a user. You will still have to transfer their documents, but they will remain on your account as a view-only user.
|Account Owner||Team Admin||Billing Admin|
|Change subscription level||X||X|
|View billing history||X||X|
|Manage account-wide integrations||X||X|
|Manage account-wide settings (eg. collaboration, identity management)||X||X|
|Add and remove users||X||X|
|License and unlicense users||X||X|
|Modify the roles of other admins||X||X|
|Become an unlicensed (view-only) user||*see note below||X||X|
*Please note the following:
- Accounts can only have one account owner, but they can have an unlimited amount of team and billing admins.
- While team admins can assign the billing admin role to other users, they cannot assign it to themselves.
- While account owners and team admins can remove the licenses of other (billing and/or team) admins, they cannot remove their own licenses.
- If you are an account owner and would like to become unlicensed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.