Our integration with Microsoft Teams allows you to access the collaborative benefits of Lucidchart without needing to leave the Microsoft Teams platform. Read on to learn how to install the Lucidchart app and begin collaborative diagramming in Microsoft Teams!
Before members of your team can install the Lucidchart app, it you will have to permit it across the team via an org-wide setting. If you are the administrator for your organization’s Microsoft Teams account, there are two ways to enable Lucidchart for Microsoft Teams. You can either enable all third party apps or you can choose to enable only Lucidchart for your Microsoft Teams account.
To enable Lucidchart for your organization’s Microsoft Teams account, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Microsoft 365 Admin Portal by clicking the “Admin” tile under your Microsoft apps.
- Click Show all to show the Teams option in the admin center, then click Teams.
- Click Teams apps, then click Permissions policies.
- Click Global (Org-wide default).
- If you would like to allow only specific third party apps and block others, select this option under Third party apps. To enable Lucidchart, click Add apps, search for Lucidchart, then click Add.
- To allow all third party apps, go to Permissions policies and click Org-wide app settings, then toggle on the option to Allow third party apps.
You have now successfully enabled users on your Microsoft Teams instance to install the Lucidchart app. Individual team members can now install the Lucidchart add-in for Microsoft Teams by following the steps described next under “How To Install.”
- To install the Lucidchart app for Microsoft Teams, navigate to the Microsoft App Store by selecting the “Store” icon found in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Then, search for “Lucidchart” in the search bar at the top of the window.
- Once you select the Lucidchart app, you will be prompted to connect your Lucidchart account.
- Make sure to add Lucidchart to your apps by clicking the icon.
- You have now successfully installed the Lucidchart app for Microsoft Teams!
Please note: If you cannot find the Lucidchart app, it is possible that your Microsoft Teams administrator disabled third party applications for your account. Please reach out to the account administrator to enable Lucidchart for your organization.
- Once you have installed the Lucidchart app to Microsoft Teams, you will be prompted to connect your Lucidchart account.
- If you have an existing Lucidchart account, simply select “Sign In” and a pop-up window will appear prompting you to enter your regular Lucidchart login credentials to access your documents via Microsoft Teams.
- If you don’t have a Lucidchart account, select “Sign Up” to create an account.
- Click the + icon at the end of the channel tabs.
- Select Lucidchart from the available apps.
- Select one of your recently opened documents or create a new one by clicking +Document.
- Select an access level from the Collaboration Access dropdown to determine the level of access channel participants will have to the inserted document.
- The selected document will create a new tab in the channel named after the document. In this tab, you will find the Lucidchart editor for Microsoft Teams, where you can collaborate on diagrams with your team.
If you want to add multiple Lucidchart documents to your channel, simply follow the above steps again in a new tab.
If you would prefer to use the standard browser editor, simply click the globe icon to open your Lucidchart document in a new web browser tab.
To refresh your document to the latest version, click the icon.
To begin a Teams chat conversation for your Lucidchart diagram tab, click the icon.
- If you simply want to access your Lucidchart documents through Microsoft Teams without collaboration, navigate to your connected apps by clicking the icon.
- Then, select Lucidchart from your apps.
- Once you select the Lucidchart app, you will find your Lucidchart Documents Page.
- Simply double-click on any document to begin editing or select the icon to create a new document. The document will open in a new browser tab.
- Once you finish editing the document, simply click to save your changes and close the browser tab.
Under Collaborators, you will see the names and access permissions of all collaborators for the document.
- Once someone in the Team channel opens the document, you will see their Lucidchart account listed.
- To remove a collaborator, click the X next to their name.
- To modify a collaborator’s permissions, select a new option from the corresponding dropdown.
- To disable the link, select Off-only allow specific people access from the dropdown. Team members will no longer be able to access the document from the Team channel. Note that if a collaborator has already opened the document in a new web browser tab, then their access will remain active until you manually remove them as a collaborator. Please Note:
- View-only users on Enteprise accounts will be able to view but will not be able to edit documents shared in Microsoft Team channels
- Deleting a document from a channel does not remove the collaborator’s access to the document.