Our integration with Microsoft Teams allows you to access the collaborative benefits of Lucidchart without needing to leave the Microsoft Teams platform. Read on to learn how to install the Lucidchart app and begin collaborative diagramming in Microsoft Teams!
If you are the administrator for your organization’s Microsoft Teams account, there are two ways to enable Lucidchart for Microsoft Teams. You can either enable all third party apps or you can choose to enable only Lucidchart for your Microsoft Teams account.
To enable Lucidchart for your organization’s Microsoft Teams account, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Microsoft 365 Admin Portal by clicking the “Admin” tile under your Microsoft apps.
- Click the three dots on the left panel to expand your admin options.
- Navigate to your account settings by clicking the gear icon.
- Select “Services and add-ins” from the pop-up menu.
- Select “Microsoft Teams” from the provided options.
- Select “Apps.”
- If you do not have third party apps enabled, then you can choose to enable the Lucidchart app without enabling all third party apps by adjusting your “external apps” settings to match these:
Then, select the “Lucidchart” app so that it has a checkmark in the box to the left, and deselect any other third party app you do not want enabled for your account.
Alternatively, if you want to enable all third party apps. Simply, match your external app settings to these:
- Click “Save.”
You have now successfully enabled Lucidchart for your Microsoft Team. Individual team members can now install the Lucidchart add-in for Microsoft Teams by following the steps described next under “How To Install.”
- To install the Lucidchart app for Microsoft Teams, navigate to the Microsoft App Store by selecting the “Store” icon found in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Then, search for “Lucidchart” in the search bar at the top of the window.
- Once you select the Lucidchart app, you will be prompted to connect your Lucidchart account.
- Make sure to add Lucidchart to your apps by clicking the icon.
- You have now successfully installed the Lucidchart app for Microsoft Teams!
Please note: If you cannot find the Lucidchart app, it is possible that your Microsoft Teams administrator disabled third party applications for your account. Please reach out to the account administrator to enable Lucidchart for your organization.
- Once you have installed the Lucidchart app to Microsoft Teams, you will be prompted to connect your Lucidchart account.
- If you have an existing Lucidchart account, simply select “Sign In” and a pop-up window will appear prompting you to enter your regular Lucidchart login credentials to access your documents via Microsoft Teams.
- If you don’t have a Lucidchart account, select “Sign Up” to create an account.
There are two ways to edit your Lucidchart documents through Microsoft Teams: in a Team channel and individually.
How to begin diagramming in a Team channel:
- You can add a Lucidchart document to a Team Channel by clicking the icon at the end of the channel tabs.
- Then, select the orange Lucidchart icon from the available apps.
- Once you have selected Lucidchart, you can select one of your recently opened documents or create a new one by clicking the icon.
- Your selected document will create a new tab in the channel named after the document. In this tab, you will find the Lucidchart editor for Microsoft Teams.
- Once you are in the Lucidchart editor, you can begin diagramming with your team as easily in Microsoft Teams as you do on Lucidchart.com!
If you want to add multiple Lucidchart documents to your channel, simply follow the above steps again in a new tab.
If you would prefer to use the standard browser editor, simply click the icon to open your Lucidchart document in a new web browser tab.
To refresh your document to the latest version, click the icon.
To begin a chat conversation for your Lucidchart diagram tab, click the icon.
How to begin diagramming individually:
- If you simply want to access your Lucidchart documents through Microsoft Teams without collaboration, navigate to your connected apps by clicking the icon.
- Then, select Lucidchart from your apps.
- Once you select the Lucidchart app, you will find your Lucidchart Documents Page.
- Simply double-click on any document to begin editing or select the icon to create a new document. The document will open in a new browser tab.
- Once you finish editing the document, simply click to save your changes and close the browser tab.
How to share a document via Microsoft Teams:
To share a Lucidchart document in Microsoft Teams, simply follow the above steps to add a new diagram tab to a Team channel.
How sharing permissions work:
- If you add a Lucidchart document to a Team Channel, then others in the channel will gain editing permissions to the document as long as they are also signed into their Lucidchart accounts and have an edit license.
- If you’re part of an enterprise team, team members with view-only licenses will be able to see the documents, but cannot make edits.
- Once someone in the Team channel opens the document, you will see their Lucidchart account listed under the document's advanced share settings.
- Please note: deleting a document from a channel does not remove the collaborator’s access to the document.
- To revoke their access, navigate to the document’s share settings by opening the document in a web browser, clicking .
- Here, you will find the document’s collaboration settings.
- If you shared your document in a Team channel, you will see that “Link Sharing Is On.” This occurs because sharing a document to a Microsoft Teams channel creates a access link that anyone in the Team channel can use to access the document without you needing to manually add collaborators.
- If you would like to disable the link, select from the drop down menu. This will turn off the access link and team members will no longer be able to access the document by clicking the diagram tab in the Team channel. However, please note that if a collaborator has already opened the document in a new web browser tab, then their access to the document will remain active until you manually remove them as a collaborator in the document’s advanced share settings.
- If a collaborator from a Team channel has opened the document in a new browser window, then you will need to navigate to your document’s advanced share settings to adjust the collaborator’s permissions.
- To open your document’s advanced share settings, click and then click .
- Under "collaborators,"" you will find the names and access permissions of all collaborators for the document. To adjust or remove a collaborators’ permissions simply change the permissions from the drop down menu, or click the X to completely remove them as a collaborator for that document.