Use Lucidchart to visualize your data by creating graphs from linked spreadsheet data. To create a graph, follow these steps:
- Open the data panel and click .
- In the window that pops up, provide a title for your graph and then select your desired graph type. We currently offer line graphs and vertical bar graphs (column graphs).
- In the "Value Range" section, enter the range in which your data appears. For example, if you had the following data and wanted to create a bar graph showing the demand for each store, you would enter the range B2:C4.
When you are done inputting your data range, Click "Next."
- In the next page of the dialog, you will be prompted to choose how to label your graph. For example, if you want to display the store names on the x-axis (as shown in the example below) you would select "X-axis labels are in the row above value range."
Add subtitles to your axes (if you'd like) and click "Next".
- In the final page of the dialog box, you will be invited to adjust the axes scale and/or color scheme of your graph.
We will automatically choose a scale for your y-axis that best fits your data. However, if you would like to use a specific scale (say, 0 to 100), then you can enter it in here.
- Click "Finish" and we will produce a graph for you!
This graph acts just like any other Lucidchart shape. You can rotate it, change its background color, adjust its transparency, and draw lines to and from it. What's more, any changes to your attached data will automatically show up in the graph!