Bring Lucidchart into the classroom! With our Google Classroom integration, teachers and students can create, share, submit and grade assignments using Lucidchart.
This integration is only available for EDU enterprise accounts. If you are interested in upgrading, please visit the EDU enterprise page.
Note: Many of the screenshots used in this article are taken from the Lucidpress product because the integration is similar across both products. Please ignore this, and pretend they all display the Lucidchart interface!
As a teacher, you can use Lucidpress to create an assignment and then share it with students using the Google Classroom integration. The steps below will guide you through this process.
- Log in to Lucidpress and create a new document or choose a template from our template library.
- Customize the document as an assignment to share with your students.
- When you are finished designing your assignment, click on the Google Classroom icon in the top right corner of your page.
Google Classroom will open up in a new browser window.
- In the Google Classroom window, click on the “Choose class” tab and select a class from the drop-down menu. Your assignment will be shared with this class.
- In the same window, click on the “action” tab and select “Create assignment” from the drop-down menu. Click “GO.”
- In the next window, you will be invited to add a Title, Instructions, a Due Date, and a Topic to your assignment. Fill out these fields as desired and click "ASSIGN.”
- The next screen will alert you that your assigment has been posted to your class. Click "VIEW" to navigate to your assigment stream.
As a student, you can access the assignments that your teachers have shared with you, complete them, and submit them using our Google Classroom integration. To perform this work, follow the steps below.
- When you are logged in to Google Classroom, any assignments that your teachers have shared with you will appear in your class stream.
Click on an assignment link and Lucidpress will open in a new browser window, displaying a copy of the assignment with your student name appended to the document title.
- Complete the assignment in the Lucidpress editor.
- When you are finished with the assignment, click on the Google Classroom icon in the top right corner of your page.
- In the pop-up window that appears, click “Turn in assignment.” You will be navigated from Lucidpress back to Google Classroom.
- In Google Classroom, click on the “Choose class” tab and select the class associated with the assignment you are submitting from the drop-down menu.
- Click the on the “Assignment” tab and select the corresponding assignment from the next drop-down menu. Click “GO.”
- The next page will display the link to your edited Lucidpress document. Click “TURN IN” to submit this link to your teacher.
When a student submits an assignment, you can see the link in your Google Classroom class stream.
When you click on the link, the student’s edited copy of the original assignment will open as a new document in your Lucidpress account. The student’s name should be appended to the document title.
When you have finished reviewing the student’s assignment, you can add a grade within Google Classroom. To do this, go to the assignment page and enter a number (out of 100) next to the student’s name, and click "RETURN.”
A pop-up will ask you to confirm this action, and will invite you to include a private comment on the returned work.
When you click "RETURN," the student will be notified that their assignment has been graded, and will be able to review the grade in their own class stream.