Bring Lucidchart into the classroom! With our Google Classroom integration, teachers and students can create, share, submit and grade assignments using Lucidchart.
This integration is only available for EDU enterprise accounts. If you are interested in upgrading, please visit the EDU enterprise page.
Note: Many of the screenshots used in this article are taken from the Lucidpress product because the integration is similar across both products. Please ignore this, and pretend they all display the Lucidchart interface!
To enable the Google Classroom integration please go through the below steps.
- Navigate to the Lucidchart Admin Panel.
- Select the App Integration tile.
- Select the Google Classroom tile.
- Check the enable box and select "Save changes".
As a teacher, you can use Lucidchart to create an assignment and then share it with students using the Google Classroom integration. The steps below will guide you through this process.
- Log in to Lucidchart and create a new document or choose a template from our template library.
- Customize the document as an assignment to share with your students.
- When you are finished designing your assignment, click on the Google Classroom icon in the top right corner of your page and select "Create assignment".
- If you haven't already, you will be prompted to sign into your Google account. After doing this, select what class the assignment is for and input an assignment title, instructions, and due date. Then select the "Assign" button to share the assignment with that class. You can also select the blue arrow to save the assignment as a draft if you aren't ready to assign it yet.
As a student, you can access the assignments that your teachers have shared with you, complete them, and submit them using our Google Classroom integration. To perform this work, follow the steps below.
- When you are logged in to Google Classroom, any assignments that your teachers have shared with you will appear in your class stream.
Click on an assignment link and Lucidchart will open in a new browser window, displaying a copy of the assignment with your student name appended to the document title.
- Complete the assignment in the Lucidchart editor.
- When you are finished with the assignment, click on the Google Classroom icon in the top right corner of your page.
- In the pop-up window that appears, click “Turn in assignment.” This will open Google Classroom in a small window.
- In the new window, click on the “Choose class” tab and select the class associated with the assignment you are submitting from the drop-down menu. Then click on the “Assignment” tab and select the corresponding assignment from the next drop-down menu. Click “Go.”
- Next select "Attach" and then "View Assignment. This will open Google Classroom in a new browser tab.
- Select "Turn in" to finish submitting your assignment.
When a student submits an assignment, you can see the link in your Google Classroom class stream.
When you click on the link, the student’s edited copy of the original assignment will open as a new document in your Lucidchart account. The student’s name should be appended to the document title.
When you have finished reviewing the student’s assignment, you can add a grade within Google Classroom. To do this, go to the assignment page and enter a number (out of 100) next to the student’s name, and click "RETURN.”
A pop-up will ask you to confirm this action, and will invite you to include a private comment on the returned work.
When you click "RETURN," the student will be notified that their assignment has been graded, and will be able to review the grade in their own class stream.