Dreaming of showing off your cool Lucidchart diagrams with your friends via public or individual Slack channels? This tutorial will show you that dreams really do come true.
Please note: this integration does not support Slack Enterprise Grid.
- Follow this link, and click the Add to Slack button.
- Login or register a Lucidchart account.
- Grant Slack access to your Lucidchart account.
- Grant Lucidchart permission to access Slack's list of names, channels, and the ability to send a message upon autocomplete (standard permissions).
- Accept the installation.
- Add commands to (Your team name): Required to make the /lucidchart command work in your Team's Slack instance.
- Send messages as Lucidchart: Required to allow the "Post to Slack" button, which sends an image of the diagram back to the Slack conversation.
- Access information about your public channels: Required to pull the names of the public channels, and share diagrams directly into public Slack channels from Lucidchart's Share dialog.
- Access your team's profile information: Required to pull the names of the users on the team, so we can autocomplete. If we do not autocomplete, the app cannot send a message.
- Share to Slack: Users can share their diagrams with public Slack channels or individual Slack users from Lucidchart's Share dialog.
- /lucidchart command: Slack users can now use the /lucidchart command to instantly create and share diagrams for quick and easy collaboration. Just type /lucidchart in any Slack channel, and we'll post a link in that channel to a new diagram that anyone on your team can edit.