Lucid Software offers free Educational Accounts to teachers and students with full access to Lucidchart’s professional features. Lucidchart is a powerful tool to help teachers create lesson plans and aid students with brainstorms, concept maps, and group work. Visual learners can use Lucidchart to easily see how concepts are connected and related. Venn diagrams, curriculum flows, and entity relationship diagrams are just a few Lucidchart features that will help you revolutionize your classroom learning.
Follow the instructions below to access your free Educational Account.
To upgrade to your Educational Account for primary education please follow these steps:
- Register for a free account with your educational email address.
- You should automatically be upgraded to the free Educational Account.
If you see a banner at the top of your documents page indicating that you are on a free account, please follow the instructions found in the “Don’t fall into these categories? Having Issues?” section of this article.
To upgrade to your Educational Account for higher education with your "edu" email, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Lucidchart educational page.
- Scroll down to the "Free for Individual Teachers & Students" section and click "Start Diagramming."
- Create a free account by clicking "Start Free Account."
- Once your account has been created, click your name in the top right and navigate to "Account Settings."
- Click "Get a Free Educational Upgrade" in the bottom left navigation.
- Receive your confirmation email, click the link, and you're in!
- If you don’t already have a free account, register for one with your educational email address.
- Navigate to the educational request page.
- Select "Request My Upgrade."
- Login with your existing account.
- Fill out the educational request form.
Please allow for up to 3 business days for us to process your request.
Note: Be sure that the email on your account is an educational email. If you have a current account and need to change the email on the account, follow these steps.
If you have additional questions, please let us know by asking them on our educational community.