If you are familiar with Slide Masters in Powerpoint, this is a very similar concept. With Lucidchart’s Master Pages, you can make a header/footer or design a background and apply your formatting to other pages in your document.
- On a new page, add items that you would want to include in your Master Page.
- On the page tab, right-click and select “Convert to Master.” This makes that page a Master Page.
- Create another page, right click the page tab, and select “Apply Master.”
- Select the master page from the dialogue box and apply it to the page.
- Whenever you edit the Master Page, changes will be automatically updated to all other pages where the Master is applied.
- Copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the information into a new master page on a new document.
- Alternatively, you can make a template with a master page ("convert to template" on your main Documents page) and then simply build off of the template when you create a new document.
Visit our community for more information on using master pages.