Lucidchart makes delivery easy with real-time collaboration and folder sharing. Watch this short video to learn how to share current and future documents with individuals, groups, and the entire team.
There are 3 places in the editor for issuing document invitations: The comment bar in the bottom right corner, the Share tab in the menu bar, and the blue “Share” button to the right.
Share a single document from the Comments Bar
Sharing from the comments bar lets you post comments and grant permission simultaneously.
- Simply click and @mention any name on your team, then press “Enter.”
- We’ll check to see if mentioned users have access to your document, and let you choose a permission level for those who don’t.
Share from Menu Bar, or the blue "Share" button
- Click the blue Share button in the right corner, or click "Invite Collaborators" under the Share tab in the Menu Bar. Both will open the same window.
- Click “Generate link” to create a one-time or multi-use link to an invitation, or enter the email address of each collaborator, separated by a comma; if on a team account, team members and pre-defined groups will auto-fill inside the email field.
- Select from “Can view,” “Can comment,” “Can edit,” or “Is owner,” permissions. Note: “Is owner” means the collaborator can edit the document, move content inside a folder, and email collaborators.
- Click “Send Invitation,” and your collaborators will show up under the “Active Invitations” section. Recipients will need to log into their Lucidchart account, or register for one, in order to accept the invitation. The accepted document will appear in their Documents area.
Sharing documents from outside the Editor
- Navigate to the Documents Page.
- Select a file you would like to share.
- Click the orange 'Share' button under 'Sharing & Permissions' in the right column.
- Use the same steps as before to send invitations to your collaborators.
Note: By default, documents or folders that you create are private. You must actively share them with your team or other collaborators via a shared folder or via separate sharing permissions.
For more information, view our Sharing folders (or multiple documents) tutorial.