This tutorial shows you how to manage page properties and dimensions, give the page a title, and change content size, grid size, orientation, and margins.
Click on the page tab to open a dialog and change the page name.
Select 'Rename Page' from the Page tab of the Menu bar.
Add and view all pages
- To add a page to a document (it will appear at the end of already existing pages), click the '+' button right of the properties or select 'Page' in the Menu bar then 'New Page...' from the drop down menu
- Scroll through the pages using the right and left arrows
- To view the full list of pages, click the down arrow in the page controls
- To open the Page Settings panel, select 'Page Settings' under the Page menu
- Open the Page Settings panel from the Dock
Page size, margins, orientation
Choose the preferred size, margins, and orientation of a document in the Page Layout tab of the Page Settings menu
Manually resize the page by dragging the arrows at the side or bottom of the canvas. The Page Size width and height will display any changes made with this method as a custom entry.
Snap to grid
The snap to grid feature assists when aligning objects and can be set to work with various sizes of grids. You can also turn off the snap to grid completely so objects can be placed exactly where you would like.
Auto-pagination is a setting that can be turned on to create new pages automatically when content is dragged off of the existing canvas. The new pages will be an identical size to the original page, making it easy to print diagrams. To enable auto-pagination, open the Page Settings menu, go to the Page Settings tab, and check to box next to "Auto-paginate."
Page Settings also provides the Content Size feature to easily change how large or small your diagram is in relation to the page size. This can be convenient to resize an entire document quickly, although it trades precision for speed.
Change Default Page Settings
In addition to the options above, page settings such as default units, toggle on/off grid lines, and the default page size can all be set from the Preferences window. This can be reached by selecting 'Preferences' under the Lucid logo on the top menu bar.