Away from your computer and need to access Lucidchart? Don’t worry! Our Lucidchart iOS app allows you to access and edit your documents from any iOS device. While you can view your documents on the Lucidchart mobile website, we recommend using our app for full functionality.
You can find our app by searching for “Lucidchart” directly in the Apple App Store or by following this link.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, you can use your existing login information to access your Lucidchart account. If you use a single sign on method (such as Google), just type your email into the username field and leave the password field blank. Our app will automatically redirect you to your SSO login platform.
New to Lucidchart? No problem! You can sign up for a free Lucidchart account right on our app. Just enter your email and click the “sign up” button to set up your account. You can also use your Google account to easily create a Lucidchart account.
Once you’ve signed into your account, you will find our mobile documents page. Here, you can access all your existing folders and documents. To return to this page later, just click the “My Documents” tab on the bottom left corner of the app.
Next to the “My Documents” button on the bottom of the app, you will find buttons labelled “Recent,” “Shared With Me,” and “Search.”
- The “Recent” button will redirect you to your most recently viewed or edited documents.
- The “Shared With Me” button will allow you to access documents and folders created by other users which have been shared with you.
- The “Search” button allows you to search your Lucidchart account for specific documents, folders, or shared files by keywords.
On the upper left hand corner of the app, you will find an icon.
Clicking this icon will open a drop-down menu where you will find the following options:
- Click here to access your Account Settings.
- Here, you can view your email address, enable/disable push notifications on your mobile device, enable/disable offline storage, view your mobile storage usage, and view your account level.
- Recover from Trash:
- Click here to access deleted documents or folders.
- Note: files will remain recoverable for only 7 days after being deleted.
- Get Support:
- Are you experiencing trouble using Lucidchart? Click here to contact our world class support team for help with any issues you may be experiencing.
- Send Feedback:
- Do you have suggestions for how to improve the Lucidchart iOS experience? Click here to submit feedback to our mobile team.
- Log Out:
- Click here to log out of your Lucidchart account.
On the upper right hand of the app, you will find an icon. Select this to create a new document.
Clicking this button will open a drop-down menu where you will find the following options:
- Click here to browse and import files from your mobile device.
- Create Blank Diagram:
- Click here to create a new document from scratch.
- Create From Template:
- Click here to browse our Template Gallery and create a new document using a Lucidchart template.
- Create Folder:
- Click here to create a new folder to organize your Lucidchart documents.
Once you create a new document or open up an existing document, you will be directed to the Lucidchart mobile editor.
In the mobile editor, you will find functionality similar to that of the Lucidchart web editor.
After you open a document, an editing menu will appear on the left-hand side of the screen.
At the bottom of the menu, you will find buttons to access your document’s Comments, Styles, Shapes, and Settings.
Read on to learn more about these features.
- Open the “Comments” tab to view comments on your document. You can browse through “Active Comments,” which are comments that have not been resolved, “My Comments,” which are limited to comments you added, and “Resolved Comments,” which are comments that have been marked as resolved.
- Open the “Styles” tab to customize the style of objects in your document. To use this feature, click on any object on your canvas. A list of styling options specific to the selected object will pop-up.
- For example, if you select a line, you can adjust the line’s weight, style, shape, and color. If you select a shape, you can adjust the shape’s border weight, corner style, border style, fill color, border color. You can also edit any text within the shape by adjusting the text’s font, size, alignment, color, and emphasis.
- Open the “Shapes” tab to create diagrams by adding different shapes to your document. Depending on whether you opened a template or a blank document, different shapes will show up in your Shapes menu. Click on the arrows next to the Shape names to expand or close Shape libraries.
- You can always adjust what shapes libraries are shown in the menu by clicking the “Manage” button found in the upper right corner of the editing menu. Here, you can manage which shape libraries show up in your mobile document editor. While most shape libraries offer full mobile functionality, some more advanced shape libraries such as Org Charts, Tables, and ERD have limited mobile support. We recommend using the web version of Lucidchart to access the full functionality of advanced shape libraries.
- Furthermore, you can import your own images to your document menu by clicking the camera icon in the upper left corner of the editing menu and selecting your image.
- To add a shape to your canvas, simply click on the shape you want to add and it will automatically show up on your canvas. You can then move the shape by selecting it and dragging the shape around your diagram.
- The “Settings” tab will direct you to your page settings. Here, you can adjust page size, change the page orientation, enable/disable auto paginate, change the background fill color, enable/disable the grid, adjust grid spacing, enable/disable snap to grid, enable/disable margins, adjust margin size, and change page units.
- For more information on page and document settings, see this Help Center article.
To share your document with collaborators, click the found on the upper right side of the mobile editor. You can connect your mobile contacts to the Lucidchart app or simply enter their email addresses to share documents.
To export your document as a PDF, PNG, or Visio file, click the export icon found on the upper right hand side of the mobile editor.
To add pages to your document, click the icon found on the upper right side of the mobile editor. Then, click the + icon in the bottom right of the Pages pop-up to add a new page. Return to the Page icon to switch between document pages.
To undo your most recent change, click the icon found in the upper right corner of the mobile editor.
To exit a document and return to your documents page, click the icon in the upper left corner of the app.
- To delete a line, select the line and then click the trash can icon marked with an “X”
- To resize a line, select the line, click any of the + icons on the line, and drag the line to the desired size.
- To copy, duplicate, reorder, or lock a line, select the line and keep it selected until a popup menu appears.
- To delete a shape, select the shape and then click the trash can icon marked with an “X”
- To rotate a shape, select the shape, click the arrows icon on the upper right corner, and drag the shape in the direction you choose.
- To add lines from a shape, select the shape and click any of the + icons to create a line from your shape.
- To resize a shape, select the shape, click the diagonal arrows in the bottom right corner, and drag the shape to the desired size.
- To copy, duplicate, reorder, or lock a shape (or shapes), select the shape and keep it/them selected until a popup menu appears.
- Add Text:
- To add text to a shape or line, select the object to which you want to add text, select the circle text icon marked with a “T” and type in the desired text.
To select all objects on the canvas, select one and keep it selected until a popup menu appears. Then, choose “select all.”
- Apple Stylus:
- While you cannot currently use the Apple Stylus Pen to draw directly on the Lucidchart canvas, the stylus can be used to create diagrams through the standard drag and drop interface by holding down the button to pan across the canvas.
- Hotspots and Links:
- The Lucidchart iOS app does not currently support hotspot and link functionalities. Links and hotspots on existing documents will be visible in the iOS app, but their redirect actions will be disabled.
- Layers are not currently supported in the Lucidchart iOS app. Multi-layered documents will automatically show all layers when opened in the app.