Integrating Lucidchart with Azure enables your users to authenticate using SAML single-sign on through Azure. Azure also offers a SCIM connection that allows you to provision users in your IDP. The following tutorial walks through the process of integrating Azure with Lucidchart.
Note: You will need admin privileges in both Azure and Lucidchart to complete this integration.
- Navigate to https://portal.azure.com.
- Select "Azure Active Directory" from the left-sidebar menu.
- Select "Enterprise applications" from the "Manage" menu.
- Select "New application" at the top of the screen.
- Select "All" from the "Categories" menu and then search for "Lucidchart" under the words "Add from the gallery." Select the Lucidchart application.
- Select "Add" to install the Lucidchart application.
- Select "Configure single sign-on" from the "Quick start" menu.
- Select "SAML-based Sign on" for the "Single Sign-on Mode."
- Enter "https://lucidchart.com/saml/sso/" followed by your company domain into the "Sign on URL" (e.g."https://lucidchart.com/saml/sso/acme.com").
- Enter "lucidchart.com" as the "Identifier."
- Confirm that "user.userprincipalname" is the "User Identifier."
- Select "Save" at the top of the page.
- Select "Metadata XLM" under the "SAML Signing Certificate" to download the IDP metadata.
- Select "Users and groups" from the "Manage" menu. Select and assign users and/or groups to access the Lucidchart application.
- In your Lucidchart account, navigate to Team > App Integration > SAML and select "Enable SAML."
- Enter your company domain for the "Lucidchart Sign in URL." This domain must match the domain that you provided in step 9.
- Upload the Azure metadata that you downloaded in step 13 into Lucidchart.
- To enable new user creation for users assigned to the application, you will need to navigate to the "Properties" Tab in your Lucidchart application page within Azure. From there scroll to the bottom of the page and toggle the "User Assignment Required to Access Application" to "Off."
- You can enable SCIM with Azure by clicking on the Provisioning tab and following Lucidchart's General Steps for Configuring SCIM. Please note that the Lucidchart app for Azure supports auto-provisioning with SCIM but not auto-licensing. Please see the Auto-Provisioning and Auto-Licensing article to learn about the difference.