Integrating Lucidchart with Azure enables your users to authenticate using SAML single-sign on through Azure. The following tutorial walks through the process of integrating Azure with Lucidchart.
Note: You will need admin privileges in both Azure and Lucidchart to complete this integration.
Configuring the SAML Integration
- Navigate to https://portal.azure.com.
- Select "Azure Active Directory" from the left-sidebar menu.
- Select "Enterprise applications" from the "Manage" menu.
- Select "New application" at the top of the screen.
- Select "All" from the "Categories" menu and then search for "Lucidchart" under the words "Add from the gallery." Select the Lucidchart application.
- Select "Add" to install the Lucidchart application.
- Select "Configure single sign-on" from the "Quick start" menu.
- Select "SAML-based Sign on" for the "Single Sign-on Mode."
- Enter "https://lucidchart.com/saml/sso/" followed by your company domain into the "Sign on URL" (e.g."https://lucidchart.com/saml/sso/acme.com").
- Enter "lucidchart.com" as the "Identifier."
- Confirm that "user.userprincipalname" is the "User Identifier."
- Select "Save" at the top of the page.
- Select "Metadata XLM" under the "SAML Signing Certificate" to download the IDP metadata.
- Select "Users and groups" from the "Manage" menu. Select and assign users and/or groups to access the Lucidchart application.
- In your Lucidchart account, navigate to Team > App Integration > SAML and select "Enable SAML."
- Enter your company domain for the "Lucidchart Sign in URL." This domain must match the domain that you provided in step 9.
- Enter the Azure metadata in step 13 into the "Identity Provider Metadata" text box and select "Save."
Configuring the SCIM Integration
- Navigate to https://portal.azure.com.
- Select “Azure Active Directory” from the left-sidebar menu.
- Select “Enterprise applications” from the “Manage” menu.
- Select the Lucidchart application and select “Provisioning” from the “Manage” menu.
- Change the Provisioning Mode from “Manual” to “Automatic.”
- In your Lucidchart account, navigate to Team > App Integration > SCIM and generate a new SCIM Bearer Token.
- Insert the Lucidchart Bearer Token into the “Secret Token” field and then select “Test Connection.”
- Turn Provisioning status “On” and select “Save.”
Setting Up Lucidchart within Azure
To get started, you will first need to add Lucidchart to your applications in Azure.
- Log into the Azure admin panel and select ‘Active Directory’ from the menu on the left. You may need to scroll down to locate ‘Active Directory.’
- Select the directory where you would like to install the Lucidchart application.
- After accessing the directory, select ‘Applications’ from the menu at the top of the directory.
- Select the ‘Add’ button at the bottom of the Applications page.
- Select ‘Add an application from the gallery.’
- Enter Lucidchart into the search bar and press enter or select the search icon.
- Select Lucidchart from the search menu and select the check box in the bottom-right corner.
Configuring the Classic SAML Integration
- Navigate to https://manage.windowsazure.com/.
- Select ‘Configure Single sign-on’ from the Lucidchart application page in Azure.
- Select ‘Microsoft Azure AD Single Sign-On’ from the configuration dialogue and then select the arrow at the bottom-right of the dialogue to continue.
- Next we will need to retrieve the Lucidchart sign-on URL from Lucidchart and insert it into Azure. Log in to your Lucidchart admin user in a new window or tab and select ‘Team’ from the top of the screen.
- Navigate to the ‘App Integration’ page.
- Select ‘SAML’ on the integrations page.
- Select ‘Enable SAML Integration’ at the top of the page.
- Enter your account domain in the ‘Domain’ field under the ‘Lucidchart Sign in URL’ section. Be sure to enter in just the domain, not a full URL. This domain must match the domain associated with your Active Directory in Azure.
- Copy the Lucidchart Sign in URL and paste the URL in the ‘Sign On URL’ field in Azure. The URL should look like https://lucidchart.com/saml/sso/yourdomain.com. After entering the URL, select the next arrow at the bottom-right of the dialogue.
- Next we will download the Azure metadata and insert it into Lucidchart. Select ‘Download metadata’ from the dialogue. Open the metadata file in a text editor and copy all of the text.
- In the Lucidchart SAML integration page paste all of the metadata text into the text box under ‘Identity Provider Metadata’ in and select ‘Save changes.’
- Return the Azure configuration dialogue and check the box at the bottom of the dialogue confirming that you’ve completed the Lucidchart SAML configuration. Select the next arrow at the bottom right of the dialogue.
Assigning Users to Lucidchart
- Next we will assign user to the Lucidchart App. Select ‘Assign accounts’ on the Lucidchart app page in Azure.
- Select the user you would like to grant access to Lucidchart.
- Select ‘Assign’ at the bottom of the screen and select ‘Yes’ to confirm your selection.