Lucidchart offers SAML and SCIM integrations to Enterprise accounts so that admins can easily manage the users on their Lucidchart teams using their IDPs. To upgrade to an Enterprise account, please visit our pricing page or contact our sales team.
Here are some of the things that the SCIM integration allows you to do:
- Create users in your Lucidchart account without them having to log in
- Update user attributes
- Provision and de-provision users
- Deactivate users, meaning they will no longer have a license, be able to log in, or have access to any documents
- Define licenses for users
- Add the Lucidchart app to your IDP and download the corresponding (federation) metadata.
- In Lucidchart, click Team > App Integration > SAML.
- Enter your Lucidchart account domain. The SAML integration will use your domain to generate a Lucidchart sign-in URL that you will supply to your IDP. A user may go directly to this URL to initiate SAML SSO. Make sure to just enter the domain, not the full URL. This must match the value that was specified in your IDP.
- Enter your Lucidchart account domain in the ‘Domain’ field under the ‘Lucidchart Sign in URL’ section. Be sure to enter the domain only, not a full URL. The SAML integration will use your domain to generate a Lucidchart sign-in URL that you will supply to your identity provider. For example, if you were to enter 'acme.com' as your domain, the URL will be https://www.lucidchart/saml/sso/acme.com. A user may go directly to this URL to initiate SAML single sign on.
- Upload the metadata .xml file generated from your IdP to Lucidchart.
Lucidchart SAML integration is now complete. Your Lucidchart account will support SAML single-sign on authentication through your identity provider.
- You are on an Enterprise subscription with an up-to-date pricing plan
- Your account has auto-uprades enabled. See the Licensing Setting article for instructions on how to adjust this setting
- Add the Lucidchart SCIM app to your IDP
- In Lucidchart, navigate to Team > App Integration > SCIM
- Click “generate token.” Doing so will generate a unique token to be shared between Lucidchart and your IDP. This bearer token will be used to authenticate requests. Copy this bearer token to your clipboard.
- Configure your IDP to use SCIM with the bearer token and base URL provided by Lucidchart.
The attributes we expect to receive are:
- first name
- last name
There are two naming conventions that we support for receipt of these attributes:
or the OID format:
- urn:oid:22.214.171.124 (first)
- urn:oid:126.96.36.199 (last)
- urn:oid:0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.3 (email)
We also strongly prefer that the email be sent in the NameId field, but can work with other values if required.