Jira Software integrates with Lucidchart to make inserting diagrams directly from Lucidchart to Jira quick and easy. Read on to get started.
Watch this video to learn how to install and configure the Lucidchart App.
- Your Jira administrator must install the Lucidchart App for Jira Software.
- Log in to your Jira Software instance as an admin and click the gear icon. Click “Add-ons” and then choose “Find New Add-ons” from the left sidebar.
- Search the Atlassian Marketplace for Lucidchart for Jira Software and click “Install.” Click “Accept & Install,” wait for the download, and close the dialog box.
Alternatively, go to the Atlassian Marketplace Lucidchart App listing, click "Get It Now," sign in with your Atlassian Marketplace credentials, and follow the installation instructions.
- Go to "Manage Add-ons" and find Lucidchart.
- You need to have a Team account on Lucidchart and log in as the administrator of that team. If you don't have a Team account, sign up for a Team Trial.
- You will be prompted to link your existing Lucidchart Team account with your Jira Cloud instance.
- You will also be prompted to link your Lucidchart user credentials with your Jira Cloud user credentials. All users on your instance will be prompted to do this when they attempt to attach a diagram to an issue or edit it.
- After linking your account to Confluence, you have successfully configured the Lucidchart App to your instance. If you created a new team account, make sure to invite colleagues to your team. If you accidentally linked the wrong team account to your instance, use the "Unlink" button.
- Navigate to any Jira issue and select "Attach Lucidchart Diagram" from the More dropdown menu at the top.
- Your Lucidchart document list will pop up.
- You'll have the option to insert an existing diagram, create a new diagram, or import a Visio, Gliffy or OmniGraffle document directly.
- After inserting a diagram, a new panel will appear on the issue page that contains all diagrams attached to it.
- You can open any diagram in a full-screen viewer by clicking on its thumbnail.
- Move your mouse cursor over a diagram and click the pencil icon.
- A full-screen editor will open. If the icon is disabled, you don't have permission to edit the diagram. The diagram owner will need to grant you edit access.
- Click "Return to Jira" when you're done. The attached diagram will update automatically.
- To delete a diagram attachment, simply click the trash icon.
Note: This will not delete the diagram from Lucidchart website.
If you attach a diagram to Jira and somebody else edits it on Lucidchart's website directly, the attached version will not update automatically. You will have to manually click the "refresh" icon to update the attachment to the latest version from Lucidchart.
- Your Jira administrator must install the Lucidchart plugin for JIRA. Navigate to "Administration" or the gear icon on the right side of the JIRA toolbar.
- Click on "Plugins" or "Add-ons" from the left side of the JIRA toolbar.
- Click "Find New Add-ons" and search Lucidchart in the Atlassian Marketplace.
- Download the appropriate plugin version for your JIRA Server version. Select the Install Plugins tab and then click "Upload Plugin." Follow the dialog to upload the Lucidchart plugin. Download the plugin here.
- Once uploaded, navigate to the Manage Add-ons tab, click "Lucidchart Plugin," and select "Configure" to fill in the key and secret for your organization.
- To obtain the key and secret, you must be the administrator for your organization in Lucidchart. If you are the Lucidchart administrator, go to Team > App Integrations > Jira server. From there, you can generate your key and secret for Jira.
- Copy the key and secret into their respective fields in Jira and click “Save.”
- Select Insert Lucidchart Diagram from the More Actions dropdown menu at the top of your issue in Jira.
- Choose to begin a new Lucidchart document, open an existing Lucidchart document, or directly import a Visio file. You can learn more about starting new documents and opening existing documents in our tutorials. Selecting a document takes you directly to the Lucidchart editor.
The Lucidchart editor is where all the magic happens. Our Getting Started Guide explains the basic components of the editor.
When you are finished editing your document in the Lucidchart editor, click the "Return to Jira" button in the upper right corner to return to Jira Software. Your diagram will be automatically added or updated.