If you can’t find the shape you want, you can import a Visio stencil, an SVG file, a PNG image, a JPEG image, or you can create a custom shape in Lucidchart. Look through our quick tutorial for a simple walk-through!
To create a custom shape library:
- Open the Shape Library Manager by clicking “+ Shapes” in the Toolbox or by pressing the “M” key.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list of Shape Libraries. In the field that says “Create custom library,” type the name of your custom library then click “+.”
- Add shapes to your custom library by dragging and dropping them from the canvas, or add a custom shape by following the steps below.
To create a custom shape:
- Modify a standard shape. For example, change the size or color, add an image, or combine multiple shapes to create something new.
- If you’re combining multiple shapes, select all of the individual shapes, right-click, and select “Group.”
- Right-click again and select “Add to Custom Shape Library.”
- Choose an existing shape library where the shape will reside then click “OK.”
- Name your shape and click “OK.”
- Look for your new shape in the left Toolbox.
To manage shapes:
- Click on the “+ Shapes” button located at the bottom of the toolbox on the left.
- Find and select your custom library under the “Custom” category.
- Right-click on a shape to rename it, move it to another library, or delete it.
To share shapes:
- In the Shape Library Manager, click on the name of a custom shape library that you own.
- Switch the “Team Sharing” toggle found at the top of the Manager to “On.”