If you can't find a shape you are looking for, you can import a Visio stencil, an SVG file, a PNG or JPEG image, or create a custom shape in Lucidchart. Look through our quick tutorial for a simple walk-through!
Create a custom shape
- Create a custom shape by making a change to a standard shape (e.g., combining multiple shapes, changing the shape size or color, or adding an image to a shape).
- If you're combining multiple shapes, select all of them, then right-click and select 'Group'.
- Right-click again and select 'Add to Custom Shape Library'.
- Choose an existing shape library where the shape will reside—or create a new library—then click 'OK'.
- Name your shape, then click 'OK'.
- Your new shape will appear in the Toolbox on the left side of the editor.
Manage and share custom shapes
- Manage your custom shapes by clicking on the 'More Shapes' button in the bottom-left corner of the Lucidchart editor.
- Find your custom library under the 'Custom' category, then select it.
- Right-click on a shape to rename it, move it to another library, or delete it.
- If you're on a team, you can choose to share your custom shape library with your team by switching the 'Team Sharing' toggle to 'On'.
Related Community Posts