There are multiple ways to transfer documents between Lucidchart accounts. See below to find the best option for you. You can use one of the methods below to transfer files between accounts. If you made a new Lucidchart account, you can use the "Transfer via Backup and Restore" method.
Sharing documents and folders is an easy way to allow others to access and edit documents.
- Login to the account with files that need to be transferred.
- Create a folder by selecting "+ Folder" on your My Documents page.
- Drag the documents to be shared into the folder.
- Hover over the folder on the Document page and select "Share" or right click the folder in the left panel and select "Share."
- Share with the other account(s).
- Make sure to give "Can edit and share" access.
- The shared folder will appear in the user's "Shared with me" section on the left panel.
Note: Sharing documents does not transfer document ownership. When the owner of the document deletes a document, the document is also removed from the shared users’ accounts.
- Log into the old account.
- Go to Account settings, open the Backup/Restore page, and download a backup of your documents.
- Go to Account settings and click "Close Account" to close the account.
- Log into the new account.
- Go to Account Settings, open the Backup/Restore page, and select the "Restore from backup" to restore from the backup you downloaded from the other account.
- You should then see a folder on your Documents page called "restore" with the date.
Note: Transferring via backup/restore gives the new account ownership of the documents. However, sharing rights are not transferred. Users will need to reshare the documents, as needed.
In order to transfer files from an account on the team that you want to deactivate, follow these steps:
- Log into the Admin account.
- Go to the Team page.
- Click on the "Users" tile.
- Search for the name of the employee to be deleted and check their box.
- Under "actions" click "delete user." You'll be asked to transfer the files to a different account and confirm that you understand.
- The documents will be transferred to that account, and will need to be reorganized and shared via a folder.
Note: You must be an Account Owner or Team Admin to delete a user from a team. Due to the requirement to delete or transfer documents when deleteing users, users can only be deleted one at a time. However, you can "remove" multiple users at a time. If removing users, users will retain access to the docuemnts they have created.