Lucidchart allows for easy import of Visio, Gliffy, OmniGraffle, Draw.io (beta), and AWS files. You can also export your diagrams as PDF, PNG, JPEG, VDX, CSV or SVG files. See below for more information on importing and exporting.
Diagram import and MS Visio export are premium features offered on Professional, Team, and Enterprise accounts. To upgrade your account, check out our pricing page or feel free to contact our sales team.
It can be helpful to import diagrams from other tools or platforms. Lucidchart allows you to import diagrams from MS Visio (.vdx, .vsdx, and .vsd), Gliffy (.gxml, .gliffy), Draw.io (.xml), and Omnigraffle (.graffle, .graffle.zip).
To import your diagrams, follow these steps:
- On the “My Documents” page, click the “Import” dialogue box and select the diagram type you wish to upload.
- Select the files you wish to upload and click “Import.”
- Click the diagram link to open the imported diagram.
It can be helpful to export diagrams to other file formats. Lucidchart allows you to export your Lucidchart diagrams as .pdf, .png, .jpeg, .vdx, .csv and .svg file formats.
To export your diagrams, follow these steps:
- Open the diagram you want to export.
- Open the “File” menu and select “Download As.”
- Select the file type you would like to export the diagram to, as well as the content you would like to export. If you are exporting the diagram as an image file, select the image quality of the export.
- Click “Download.”
Note: Exported shape data in the form of a CSV will include shape name, shape library, text fields and data.