Lucidchart offers import and export compatibility with many platforms and file types. Click below to learn how to import and export your diagrams.
Sometimes, it is helpful to import diagrams from other tools or platforms. Lucidchart allows you to import diagrams from MS Visio, Gliffy, and Omnigraffle. To import your diagrams, follow these steps:
- On the “My Documents” page, open the “Import” dialogue box and select the diagram type you wish to upload.
- Select the file you wish to upload and click “Import.”
- Click the blue diagram title to open the imported diagram.
Sometimes, it is helpful to export diagrams to other file formats. Lucidchart allows you to export your Lucidchart diagrams into PDF, PNG, JPEG, SVG, and VDX file formats. To export your diagrams, follow these steps:
- Open the diagram you want to export.
- Open the “File” menu and select “Download As.”
- Select the file type you would like to export the diagram to, as well as the content you would like to export. If you are exporting the diagram as an image file, select the image quality of the export.
- Click “Download” and wait for the file to successfully download to your computer.