The Image Manager makes it easy to upload image(s) and apply tags so they are sorted and organized just how you want them. Read on for step by step instructions on uploading an image, connecting to Facebook and other social media, finding images in our image search integrations, and organizing your images.
Images that you drag onto the canvas will be saved to your image library, but you can also upload images directly via the Image Manager. To do so, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Image Manager. You can do this by clicking More Shapes, turning on User Images, and clicking the [+] sign, or click Window > Images in the menu bar.
- Once in the Image Manager, click the large blue 'Upload' button in the top left corner.
- Select an image file (PNG or JPEG) from your computer, and click "open." Click on the image you want to add to your document to select it, and click again to add it to the page.
- Just drag the corners of the image to resize it, and you're good to go!
- Open the image manager.
Select the image source on the left column of the image manager.
Press ‘Connect’ in the bottom right corner.
Sign in to your account.
Select photos you wish to import.
Press ‘Import’ in the top right corner.
Note: Images imported from Visio files will be available under the ‘Visio Imports’ tab. For help importing from Visio, please see our tutorial here.
Select either ‘Bing Search’ or ‘Icon Finder’ on the left column of the image manager.
Enter a search query into the available search bar and press enter.
Select the images you wish to import.
Press ‘Import’ in the top right corner.
Lucidchart allows you to delete, archive, privatize images, add tags, name your images, and share images with your team. Click on each section to learn how to do these things:
- Select the images you wish to delete by checking the box in the left-hand corner of each image.
- To select or deselect all images, use the checkbox in the top right corner. The options to either select all images the user has uploaded or deselect all images is also available under the drop down menu next to the checkbox.
Click the Trash icon on the top bar.
- Select 'OK' in the pop-up menu.
Archive images that you've used in the past and are still on documents, but that you want out of the way. Archived images will be removed from the ‘All Images’ and ‘Team Images’ tabs, but will be available under ‘Archived Images’ and any applicable tags.
Select the images to be archived.
Click the ‘Archive’ icon on the top bar.
Making images private will stop them from appearing in the team images. This is not the default, so if you don't want images to show up on your team’s images, you will have to actively select this option.
Select the images you wish to make private.
Click the ‘Privacy’ button on the top bar.
Managing image tags
Image tags allow you to organize and sort your Lucidchart images. Tags allow you to more easily find specific images, simplifying the process of working with many images. Here's a anatomy of managing tags:
Add images to existing tags:
1. Select images to be tagged by clicking the checkbox in the top, left corner of each image.
2. Press the ‘Tags’ icon on the top bar.
3. Toggle applicable tags from the available list.
To create a new tag:
4. Select ‘Create new tag...’.
5. When creating a new image tag: Enter tag name and select tag nesting (use nesting if the tag is a subgroup under another tag).
6. Press 'OK’ or create a new tag directly on the left column.
Hotkeys for image tags
- Open tag view: ‘t’
- Close tag view: ‘Esc’
- Navigate: arrow up and down
- Select/Deselect: spacebar
- Create new tag: navigate to bottom (“Create new tag...”) and press Enter
Name your images
- Click the i, visible in the bottom right corner of an image when mousing over it.
Click on the current image name.
Enter the new image name and press ‘OK’.
- ‘Team images’ is a tag automatically shared by all images uploaded by members of your team.
Team images are marked with a blue banner on the top, right corner.
You can turn team images on and off by using the button in the bottom, left corner of the image manager.
Note: Turning team images off will stop team images from appearing under any tag other than ‘Team Images,’ so they will no longer appear under ‘All Images’. This also hides all Team tags from the image manager. Team images are all the images your team members have uploaded (and haven’t made private), and will be marked with a ‘Team Image’ tag.